When installing solar panels in your home, the first thing you have to think about is the cost. The cost for the installation of a standard residential solar panel can cost up to $50,000. Keep in mind that this might be reduced because of the solar rebates. With that in mind, $50,000 is still a lot of money even if you reduce it a bit. So, if you wish to have a solar panel at your home, you should really think hard before making any decision.
To help you make the right choice, our residential solar contractors have some tips that will help you in selecting the right services for you.
By-Parts Shop vs. One-Stop Shop Solar Installers
Almost all of the residential solar contractors are selling their services as a one-stop shop. This allows them to buy all the parts that are required for their services in bulk orders. By doing the entire installation for their customers and by having lower priced equipment means that you get to lessen the total cost by not doing all of the needed work.
The dissimilarity from purchasing parts from all over the city or even the country is that it can be extremely time consuming and difficult. A good thing about one-stop residential solar contractors is that you will be guaranteed that their system will work well compared to self-assembled panels.
Cost of Solar Installation
Another added advantage that you will get from the solar electric panel contractors is that you are given lots of options on how to pay for their services. You can pay by credit card or cash and most residential solar contractors are willing to give the lowest interest that they can give for people that have good financing and credit history.
What to look out for?
You want to make sure that you hire a contractor that has a solid business and great reputation. You will definitely want to make sure that the company or contractor that you are going with does quality and efficient service. A solar panel installation will only work well if it is installed correctly.
Here are some of the things you might want to consider:
- The solar company must have insurance granted for their workers and even for your home.
- Ask if they have a good reputation from the society and have permits from the government.
- Make sure that the contractor has warranties for the equipment they have installed.
- Look for other customers of the company; ask them if the solar panels these companies install work perfectly.
- Do some extensive research and list down the top two solar panel installer companies in your list that are within your area, but don’t go ahead and make a decision because of the prices. A good thing about these contractors is that if they are good at what they do, they have a eagerly available answer for all the questions you might want to ask them, that’s because they are really proud of their work.